Pregnant and Beautiful: The pregnancy glow is real!

No matter who is pregnant, every pregnant woman has one thing in common: her glow could put all of the lights in New York City (at night) to shame. It is a kind of glow that could only come from knowing you're that much closer to meeting someone you have wanted to meet your entire life. If any one of the major cosmetics companies (Maybelline, L'Oreal, Covergirl) could bottle that glow and sell it, the profits would be somewhere in the billions. I wish I could get the IPO on that gravy train, as I would never have to work ever again. 



I can only dream, right? Until then, the pregnant woman holds the sole rights to "the glow."








#2 Pregnant Women Are Cool

When I saw this picture, I thought that this is one of the coolest things that I have ever seen. She is very unique, very confident in her punk style and pregnancy curves. When she looks into the camera, you can see her doe-like eyes looking straight at you and right through you. It's a picture of a woman that will obviously leave an impression, even if you never meet her.





#3 What Is Pregnancy Anyway

If you ask anyone what being pregnant means, they will all give you the same short answer: when a woman is going to have a baby. If you ask them what it means other than that, they would most likely scratch their heads and look at you in a strange manner. 


There is more to pregnancy than just having a baby - it's life finding its way through the chaos in the world. It's about passing down the shape of your eyes, a love of spicy food and, yes, an incredibly inappropriate sense of humor. 



From what I understand, you can read all of the books and get all of the right stuff, but it's still a giant plunge into the deep end of the pool. Basically, you don't know until you are there. It's about ignoring those clueless oafs who tell you their labor horror stories and saying "everything will be OK." 



While I have never witnessed a birth in person, I have done the visit afterward, and seeing the new-mom-glow makes me think, "You know what? This pregnancy-childbirth-having-kids-thing isn't as scary as I have made it out to be..." 



At least that's what pregnancy means to me.








No comments:

Post a Comment